Wednesday 16 September 2015

Creative Writing - The Strange Day in July

The Strange Day in July.
By Caitlin Gregan
I.A..L.T  write to entertain my audience.
The rain poured down, as Lily and I played chess in our mansion at the top of the hill. A little while later the sun came out, so we chose to go down to the beach for some fresh air. The path was muddy and the trees waved as we past by, As we got closer to the beach I shiver went down my spine I felt like we were being watched by something or someone. I looked around but there was no one there. A few minutes later I felt the feeling that someone was spying on us again, but as I looked around, I saw nothing. My sister ran ahead, but I rushed after her, as I was getting close to the beach I heard a distant scream I sprinted  through the bush “Lily!” I called out but there was no reply.

When I got to the beach it was deserted Lily was nowhere to be seen. When I turned around I saw her there in the bush coming out laughing “don’t do that” I said. She was still laughing when we got to the spot that had the best stones to skim. I picked up a stone that had been lying at my feet it was perfect except for a skull that was engraved in. I pulled back my arm as my sister watch from a to it far as I throw with all my might, it skimmed so it disappeared into the mist  then we heard the most strangest thing… the sound of a skimming stone and it was getting louder and louder  as if it was coming  our way. then it rested at our feet trembling I picked it up my sister screamed nothing had prepared us for what happened next.

On the stone there was the skull that clearly  identified it as ours but the true horror came when I turned it over. There on the smooth flat stone, deeply engraved was one but terrifying word that should have taken hours to carve and not seconds.
Kill

The stone dropped from my suddenly frozen fingers we ran through the sharp thorns our clothes ripping. As we ran into the safety of our house bolting the lock behind us. we ran to mom who was doing the washing in the laundry “Mom there’s a ...there’s a” I stumberd
“There’s a what ?”  Mom asked
“There is a person trying to kill us” I shouted. At that moment our brother walked past laughing his hands full with stones each one had a different message. Then we spotted the skull like crack on a smooth flat stone that had the words Kill on it.

1 comment:

  1. Well done, I really liked the plot that the brother had come up with. Next time you could add some amazed thoughts like at the end the boy could say to the brother "that wasn't funny".

    ReplyDelete